ARNUITY ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone furoate 100mcg, 200mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for ARNUITY ELLIPTA:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for relief of acute bronchospasm.
Base initial dose on previous asthma therapy and disease severity. Not on inhaled corticosteroid: usually initiate at 100mcg once daily; may increase to 200mcg once daily if inadequate response after 2 weeks. Max 200mcg/day. Rinse mouth after use.
Primary treatment of status asthmaticus or acute asthma episodes. Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Immunosuppressed. Tuberculosis. Systemic infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic). Ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral prophylactic therapies. Monitor for adrenal insufficiency when transferring from systemic steroids. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occurs, discontinue gradually), growth in children, intraocular pressure, glaucoma, or cataracts. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Assess bone mineral density if risk factors exist (eg, prolonged immobilization, history of osteoporosis). Moderate or severe hepatic impairment; monitor. Elderly. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole).
Nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache, bronchitis, oral candidiasis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy