Generic Name and Formulations:
Exemestane 25mg; tabs.
- Breakthrough Designation Granted to Entinostat for ER+ Breast Cancer
- Everolimus + Exemestane Approved for Recurrent HR+/HER2- Breast Cancer
- Everolimus + Exemestane Improves PFS in Some HR+ Breast Cancer
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- Breast Cancer (Recurrent or Metastatic) Treatment Regimens
Indications for AROMASIN:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of estrogen-receptor positive early breast cancer after 2–3yrs of tamoxifen therapy to complete a total of 5yrs of hormonal therapy; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
Give after a meal. 25mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (see Interactions): 50mg once daily.
Not for treatment in premenopausal women. Osteoporosis; assess bone mineral density (BMD) at start of treatment. Monitor all patients for BMD loss and treat as appropriate. Perform routine assessment of Vit. D levels prior to initiation; supplement if deficient. Hepatic or renal impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy. Females of reproductive potential: should undergo pregnancy testing within 7 days prior to initiation; use effective contraception during and for 1 month after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after final dose).
Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampicin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, St. John’s wort).
Hot flashes, fatigue, arthralgia, headache, insomnia, increased sweating, nausea, increased appetite; reductions in BMD.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib