ASACOL HD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 800mg; delayed release tabs.
Indications for ASACOL HD:
Moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow whole; do not crush or chew. Treatment: 1600mg 3 times daily for 6 weeks.
History of renal disease; monitor renal function before and during therapy. Pyloric stenosis. Pre-existing liver disease. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly (monitor CBCs). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Headache, GI upset or pain, constipation, eructation, nasopharyngitis, exacerbation of colitis symptoms (discontinue if occurs), dizziness, asthenia; renal impairment (eg, interstitial nephritis, minimal change nephropathy, renal failure [rare]).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib