ASACOL HD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 800mg; delayed release tabs.
Indications for ASACOL HD:
Moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow whole; do not crush or chew. Treatment: 1600mg 3 times daily for 6 weeks.
History of renal disease; monitor renal function before and during therapy. Pyloric stenosis. Pre-existing liver disease. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly (monitor CBCs). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Headache, GI upset or pain, constipation, eructation, nasopharyngitis, exacerbation of colitis symptoms (discontinue if occurs), dizziness, asthenia; renal impairment (eg, interstitial nephritis, minimal change nephropathy, renal failure [rare]).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma