ASCOMP w. CODEINE CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 30mg, butalbital 50mg, aspirin 325mg, caffeine 40mg; caps.
Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ASCOMP w. CODEINE:
Tension (or muscle contraction) headache.
1–2 caps every 4 hours, as needed; max 6 caps/day. Use lowest effective dose for shortest period of time.
NSAID allergy. Porphyria. Bleeding or coagulation disorders. Peptic ulcer.
Renal or hepatic impairment; monitor liver/renal function tests. Acute abdomen. Asthma. Bleeding disorders. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Impaired thyroid or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (may experience overdose symptoms). Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
CNS effects may be enhanced by MAOIs. Concomitant corticosteroids: withdrawal of corticosteroid may result in salicylism. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, oral antidiabetics and insulin, 6-mercaptopurine and methotrexate, NSAIDs, other narcotic analgesics, alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers, sedative-hypnotics, other CNS depressants. May diminish effects of uricosuric agents.
Opioid + barbiturate + salicylate + stimulant.
Drowsiness, dizziness, intoxicated feeling, GI upset/pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy