ASCOMP w. CODEINE CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 30mg, butalbital 50mg, aspirin 325mg, caffeine 40mg; caps.
Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ASCOMP w. CODEINE:
Tension (or muscle contraction) headache.
1–2 caps every 4 hours, as needed; max 6 caps/day. Use lowest effective dose for shortest period of time.
NSAID allergy. Porphyria. Bleeding or coagulation disorders. Peptic ulcer.
Renal or hepatic impairment; monitor liver/renal function tests. Acute abdomen. Asthma. Bleeding disorders. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Impaired thyroid or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (may experience overdose symptoms). Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Opioid + barbiturate + salicylate + stimulant.
CNS effects may be enhanced by MAOIs. Concomitant corticosteroids: withdrawal of corticosteroid may result in salicylism. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, oral antidiabetics and insulin, 6-mercaptopurine and methotrexate, NSAIDs, other narcotic analgesics, alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers, sedative-hypnotics, other CNS depressants. May diminish effects of uricosuric agents.
Drowsiness, dizziness, intoxicated feeling, GI upset/pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC