Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 0.5mg, 1mg+, 2mg+; tabs; +scored.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ATIVAN:
Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Individualize. Initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Therapy for >4 months. Discontinue if paradoxical reactions occur. Primary depressive disorder or psychosis: not recommended. Suicidal tendencies (monitor). Renal or hepatic impairment. Compromised respiratory function. Seizure disorder. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor blood counts, liver function with long-term use. Abuse potential (monitor). Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid abrupt cessation. Change dose gradually. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (during the 1st trimester), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, barbiturates, antipsychotics, sedatives/hypnotics, anxiolytics, others). Caution with clozapine. May be potentiated by probenecid or valproate (reduce lorazepam dose by 50%). May be antagonized by theophylline, aminophylline.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, confusion, disorientation, nausea, change in appetite, headache, sleep apnea.
Tabs—100, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC