Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 0.5mg, 1mg+, 2mg+; tabs; +scored.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for ATIVAN:
Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Individualize. Initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Therapy for >4 months. Discontinue if paradoxical reactions occur. Primary depressive disorder or psychosis: not recommended. Suicidal tendencies (monitor). Renal or hepatic impairment. Compromised respiratory function. Seizure disorder. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor blood counts, liver function with long-term use. Abuse potential (monitor). Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid abrupt cessation. Change dose gradually. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (during the 1st trimester), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, barbiturates, antipsychotics, sedatives/hypnotics, anxiolytics, others). Caution with clozapine. May be potentiated by probenecid or valproate (reduce lorazepam dose by 50%). May be antagonized by theophylline, aminophylline.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, confusion, disorientation, nausea, change in appetite, headache, sleep apnea.
Tabs—100, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML