Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftazidime 2g, avibactam 0.5g; per vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; sodium content 6.4mEq/vial.
Indications for AVYCAZ:
Susceptible infections including complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), in combination with metronidazole, complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI), including pyelonephritis, and hospital-acquired or ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (HABP/VABP).
Give by IV infusion over 2hrs. ≥18yrs: 2.5g every 8hrs. cIAI (in combination with metronidazole): treat for 5–14 days. cUTI, HABP/VABP: treat for 7–14 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 31–50mL/min): 1.25g every 8hrs; (CrCl 16–30mL/min): 0.94g every 12hrs; (CrCl 6–15mL/min): 0.94g every 24hrs; (CrCl ≤5mL/min): 0.94g every 48hrs; give after hemodialysis on hemodialysis days.
<18yrs: not established.
Penicillin or other beta-lactam allergy. Discontinue if allergic reaction occurs. Evaluate and manage fluid, electrolyte levels, supplement protein intake if C.diff-associated diarrhea suspected or confirmed. Renal impairment; monitor CrCl at least daily and adjust dose as necessary. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Concomitant probenecid: not recommended. False (+) urine glucose test possible.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting; C.diff-associated diarrhea, hypersensitivity reactions, CNS reactions (eg, seizure, encephalopathy, coma).
Single-use vial—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline