Generic Name and Formulations:
Caprylic triglyceride, potassium caseinate (milk-derived protein), maltodextrin, whey protein (milk-derived), sugar, sunflower oil, dimagnesium phosphate, tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, soy lecithin, distilled monoglyceride, silicon dioxide, natural vanilla bean extract, sucralose, acesulfame potassium; pwd; 40g per packet.
Indications for AXONA:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes associated with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
1 packet once daily after meals; add contents of packet in 4–8oz of water or preferred liquids, mix thoroughly. May start with a graduated dosing regimen for 7 days before taking one full packet per day.
Milk or soy allergy.
Risk of ketoacidosis (eg, alcoholics, poorly controlled diabetics). History of GI inflammatory conditions (eg, IBS, diverticular disease, chronic gastritis, severe GERD). Renal dysfunction. Monitor triglyceride levels during therapy.
GI upset, flatulence, dyspepsia, dizziness, headache, increases in BUN, uric acid, or creatinine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline