Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin 50,000units/vial; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BACIIM:
Susceptible infections due to staphylococci, including pneumonia and empyema in infants.
Give by IM inj into upper outer quadrant of buttocks. Infants: <2.5kg: 900units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses; >2.5kg: 1,000units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses.
Renal impairment. Monitor renal function before and daily during therapy; discontinue if renal toxicity occurs. Ensure adequate hydration.
Avoid other nephrotoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides, polymyxin B, colistin).
Nephrotoxicity (eg, albuminuria, azotemia, cylinduria), nausea, vomiting, rash, inj site pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Larotrectinib: Promising for All TRK-Positive Tumors
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy
- Modified XELIRI Yields Similar Outcomes to FOLFIRI in Metastatic CRC
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations