BACTROBAN CREAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin (as calcium) 2%.
Indications for BACTROBAN CREAM:
Secondarily-infected traumatic skin lesions (up to 10cm in length or 100cm2 in area) due to susceptible strains of S. aureus or S. pyogenes.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. ≥3months: Apply small amount 3 times daily for 10 days. May use gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response in 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Nasal use in high-risk patients: see full labeling regarding autoinfection. Discontinue if sensitization or severe local irritation occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Nasal: avoid other concomitant nasal products.
Topical: burning, stinging, pain, itching. Nasal: headache, rhinitis, respiratory disorder, pharyngitis, taste perversion, burning/stinging, cough, pruritus; severe allergic reactions, C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Oint—22g; Crm—15g, 30g; Nasal (single-use) (1g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML