BACTROBAN CREAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin (as calcium) 2%.
Indications for BACTROBAN CREAM:
Secondarily-infected traumatic skin lesions (up to 10cm in length or 100cm2 in area) due to susceptible strains of S. aureus or S. pyogenes.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. ≥3months: Apply small amount 3 times daily for 10 days. May use gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response in 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Nasal use in high-risk patients: see full labeling regarding autoinfection. Discontinue if sensitization or severe local irritation occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Nasal: avoid other concomitant nasal products.
Topical: burning, stinging, pain, itching. Nasal: headache, rhinitis, respiratory disorder, pharyngitis, taste perversion, burning/stinging, cough, pruritus; severe allergic reactions, C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Oint—22g; Crm—15g, 30g; Nasal (single-use) (1g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- First-Line Osimertinib Effective Regardless of PD-L1 Expression in EGFR-Mutated NSCLC
- irAEs Associated With Prolonged PFS and OS in NSCLC
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study