BACTROBAN NASAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin (as calcium) 2%; oint.
Indications for BACTROBAN NASAL:
Eradication of nasal colonization of methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) in adult patients and healthcare workers in certain institutional settings during outbreaks of infections with MRSA (see literature).
Apply approximately 0.25g to inside of each nostril twice daily for 5 days. Spread ointment by repeatedly closing and releasing the nostrils for 1 minute after application.
Avoid eyes. Nasal use in high-risk patients: see full labeling regarding autoinfection. Discontinue if sensitization or severe local irritation occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Nasal: avoid other concomitant nasal products.
Topical: burning, stinging, pain, itching. Nasal: headache, rhinitis, respiratory disorder, pharyngitis, taste perversion, burning/stinging, cough, pruritus; severe allergic reactions, C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Oint—22g; Crm—15g, 30g; Nasal (single-use) (1g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- Higher Radiation Dose May Not Improve Prostate Cancer Outcomes
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches