Generic Name and Formulations:
Levobunolol HCl 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride, sodium metabisulfite.
Indications for BETAGAN:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1–2 drops of 0.5% 1–2 times daily. Remove contact lenses prior to administration; may reinsert 15mins later.
Bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild or moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease; not recommended. Impair compensatory tachycardia. Increase risk of hypotension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Choroidal detachment after filtration procedures. Diminished pulmonary function. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Angle-closure glaucoma. Myasthenia. Withdraw gradually before surgery. Discontinue at first sign of cardiac failure. Vascular insufficiency (eg, Raynaud's phenomenon). Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with systemic β-blockers, digitalis, calcium blockers, reserpine, phenothiazine-related drugs. Mydriasis with epinephrine.
Transient ocular burning, stinging, blepharoconjunctivitis, bradycardia, hypotension, iridocyclitis, headache, transient ataxia, dizziness, lethargy, urticaria, pruritus, decreased corneal sensitivity; systemic absorption (bronchospasm, cardiac failure).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC