Betaxolol HCl Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for Betaxolol HCl Ophthalmic Solution:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1–2 drops in affected eye(s) twice daily. Concomitant therapy with pilocarpine and other miotics, and/or epinephrine and/or carbonic anhydrase inhibitors can be instituted if needed.
Sinus bradycardia. Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt cardiac failure.
History of cardiac failure or heart block. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure. Asthma. Pulmonary impairment. Diabetes (esp. labile). May mask hypoglycemia and hyperthyroidism. May potentiate muscle weakness. Discontinue before general anesthesia. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate or be potentiated by systemic β-blockers. May potentiate reserpine, hypoglycemics. May antagonize adrenergic psychotropics.
Transient discomfort, tearing. Rarely: decreased corneal sensitivity, erythema, itch, corneal punctate staining, keratitis, anisocoria, photophobia, depression, headache, bradycardia, dyspnea, hives.
Formerly known under the brand name Betoptic.
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC