Betaxolol Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 10mg+, 20mg; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Betaxolol Tablets:
Initially 10mg daily alone or added to diuretic therapy; may increase to 20mg daily after 7–14 days; usual max 20mg daily. Elderly or severe renal dysfunction: initially 5mg daily.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure.
CHF. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Avoid abrupt cessation. Surgery. SLE. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma screening tests.
Bradycardia, headache, GI upset, dizziness, arthralgia, fatigue, dyspnea, chest pain, pharyngitis, impotence, heart failure, bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name Kerlone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML