Generic Name and Formulations:
Timolol (as hemihydrate) 0.25%, 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for BETIMOL:
1 drop twice daily.
Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Asthma. Severe COPD.
Discontinue if heart failure develops and prior to surgery. Not for use as sole agent in narrow-angle glaucoma. Avoid abrupt cessation. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Diabetes. COPD. Bronchospastic disease. May mask signs of hypoglycemia, thyrotoxicosis. Myasthenia gravis. Bacterial keratitis. Measure IOP after 4 wks of treatment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine. May cause conduction defects with calcium channel blockers, digitalis. May antagonize β-agonists. May block epinephrine.
Ocular irritation, eyelid erythema, conjunctival injection, headache, epiphora, photophobia. Systemic β-blocking effects (bradycardia, arrhythmias, hypotension, bronchospasm, heart failure).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML