BETOPTIC S Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 0.25%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for BETOPTIC S:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
Remove contact lenses before use; may reinsert 15mins after instillation. 1–2 drops twice daily.
Sinus bradycardia. Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt cardiac failure.
History of cardiac failure or heart block. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure. COPD. Asthma. Pulmonary impairment. Measure intraocular pressure during 1st month of treatment. Diabetes (esp. labile). Vascular insufficiency; consider alternative therapy if reduced cerebral blood flow or Raynaud's phenomenon develop. History of atopy or anaphylaxis. May mask hypoglycemia and hyperthyroidism. Discontinue before general anesthesia. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate or be potentiated by systemic β-blockers. May potentiate reserpine, hypoglycemics. May antagonize adrenergic psychotropics. Additive hypotension and/or marked bradycardia with concomitant calcium antagonists, antiarrhythmics, digitalis.
Transient discomfort, tearing. Rarely: decreased corneal sensitivity, erythema, itch, corneal punctate staining, keratitis, anisocoria, photophobia, depression, headache, bradycardia, dyspnea, hives.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC