Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis recombinant proteins 50mcg each of Neisserial adhesin A (NadA), Neisserial Heparin Binding Antigen (NHBA), and factor H binding protein (fHbp), 25mcg of Outer Membrane Vesicles (OMV); per 0.5mL; susp for IM inj.
Indications for BEXSERO:
Meningitis B immunization.
Adults and Children:
<10yrs: not established. Give by IM inj in deltoid muscle of upper arm. 10–25yrs: 2 doses (0.5mL each) given at least 1 month apart.
Severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of Bexsero.
May not protect against all meningococcal serogroup B strains. Have epinephrine inj available. Immunosuppressed. Latex allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, myalgia, erythema, fatigue, headache, induration, nausea, arthralgia; syncope.
To register women who receive Bexsero during pregnancy call (877) 683-4732.
Single-dose prefilled syringes—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy