BICILLIN C-R Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin G benzathine, penicillin G procaine equal amounts; combined penicillin G dose 600,000Units/mL; susp for deep IM inj; contains parabens.
Indications for BICILLIN C-R:
Susceptible moderately severe infections including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, erysipelas, scarlet fever, otitis media.
Adults and Children:
C-R: Give by deep IM inj (buttock or, in young children, may give in anterolateral thigh). Group A strep: <30lbs: 600,000 units; 30–60lbs: 900,000–1.2 million units; >60lbs: 2.4 million units; all as single dose (may split injections) or may give one-half total dose on day 1 and one-half on day 3. Pneumococcal (except meningitis) children: 600,000 units; adults 1.2 million units; give every 2–3 days until afebrile for 48 hrs.
Avoid intraarterial, intravascular, and intraneural inj.
Not for IV use. Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Asthma. Monitor renal and hematopoietic function in prolonged use. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest.
Rash, drug fever, serum sickness, anaphylaxis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, nephropathy, inj site reactions.
C–R Tubex 600,000 units/mL (1mL, 2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles); C–R disposable syringe 600,000 units/mL (4mL)—10 (w. 2 inch needles); C–R 900/300 Tubex 1.2 million units/syringe (2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma