BLEPHAMIDE S.O.P. OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sulfacetamide sodium 10%, prednisolone acetate 0.2%.
Indications for BLEPHAMIDE S.O.P. OINT:
Ocular inflammation with infection.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: 2 drops every 4 hours and at bedtime or small amount of ointment 3–4 times daily and 1–2 times at night. May prolong dosing interval as condition improves; max 20mL or 8g per therapeutic course. Re-evaluate if no improvement after 2 days.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning: increased risk of perforation. Glaucoma. Severe dry eye. Purulent exudates may inactivate sulfonamides. Cataract surgery: may delay healing and increase bleb formation. May mask signs of infection. Monitor for secondary ocular infections (eg, fungal) and intraocular pressure in prolonged use (≥10 days). Discontinue if rash or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Incompatible with silver-containing preparations. Antagonized by PABA.
Sulfonamide + steroid.
Ocular irritation, secondary ocular infections; rare: severe sulfonamide reactions (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, fulminant hepatic necrosis, blood dyscrasias). In prolonged use: increased IOP, cataracts, optic nerve damage.
Susp—5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy