BONTRIL PDM CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phendimetrazine tartrate 35mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BONTRIL PDM:
Short-term adjunct in managing exogenous obesity.
35mg 2 or 3 times daily, 1 hour before meals; may reduce to 17.5mg/dose. Max 210mg/day in 3 evenly divided doses.
Advanced arteriosclerosis. Cardiovascular disease. Moderate or severe hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Highly nervous or agitated states. Drug or alcohol abuse. Concomitant CNS stimulants. During or within 14 days of MAOIs (see Interactions).
Discontinue after a few weeks as tolerance to anorectic effect occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged high doses. Mild hypertension. Abuse and dependence potential. Diabetes. Reevaluate after drug-free interval. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Pregnancy.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May antagonize guanethidine. CNS effects with alcohol, other CNS drugs.
Palpitation, tachycardia, hypertension, CNS overstimulation, dry mouth, GI disturbances, urinary frequency, changes in libido.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy