Investigators found that cell-free DNA is released into circulation by cancer cells undergoing apoptosis or necroptosis in the primary or metastatic cancer lesions.
[Translational Lung Cancer Research] This research investigates the prevalence and clinicopathological features of BRAF mutations in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cases submitted for routine mutation testing.
Type of pretreatment greatly influences vemurafenib therapy outcomes for patients with BRAF V600 mutated melanoma.
Update on available treatment options and potential future developments for metastatic melanoma with and without BRAF mutations.
CHICAGO, IL—Concurrent treatment with nivolumab plus ipilimumab resulted in "unprecedented" 2-year rates of overall survival in patients with advanced melanoma regardless of BRAF-mutation status.
Patients with stage III or IV melanoma who have not received treatment with BRAF inhibitors remain at risk for developing new primary melanomas.
The FDA has approved the use of trametinib in combination with dabrafenib for treatment of some types of melanoma.
Retrospective multicenter study shows PTC-related mortality increased with mutation
Advanced, metastatic melanoma is an aggressive disease with a poor prognosis; but therapies targeting gene mutations may offer hope to some patients.
SCH772984 shows promise against tumor growth driven by BRAF and RAS mutations and might prove useful against tumor resistance to BRAF and MEK inhibitors, according to research presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2013.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC