Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes Play Prognostic Role in Triple Negative Breast Cancer
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
The prognostic role of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) has been confirmed in triple negative early breast cancer and there may be a prognostic impact in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-positive tumors, a new study published online early in the journal Annals of Oncology has shown.
For the study, researchers analyzed data from two multicenter, randomized trials that included 816 patients with breast cancer. Only patients who received adjuvant anthracyclines or no chemotherapy were included in the analysis.
Results showed that Intratumoral TIL and Stromal TIL were strong prognostic factors for overall survival (HR = 0.85; 95% CI: 0.77-0.95; P = 0.003; HR = 0.89; 95% CI: 0.81-0.96; P = 0.005, respectively). Researchers found that the prognostic effect of continuous TIL was limited to patients with triple negative and HER2-positive disease.
The study also showed that TIL should not be used as a parameter to identify patients to receive treatment with anthracyclines.
The prognostic role of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes has been confirmed in triple negative early breast cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma