BRIVIACT ORAL SOLUTION CV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Brivaracetam 10mg/mL; raspberry flavored.
Indications for BRIVIACT ORAL SOLUTION:
Partial-onset seizures, as monotherapy or adjunctive treatment.
Interchangeable with other forms. Tabs: swallow whole with liquid. Oral soln: use calibrated measuring device. May also give via nasogastric or gastrostomy tube. ≥16yrs: initially 50mg twice daily; may adjust down to 25mg twice daily or up to 100mg twice daily based on response and tolerability. Hepatic impairment: initially 25mg twice daily; max 75mg twice daily. Concomitant rifampin: double brivaracetam dosage.
<16yrs: not established.
Increased risk of suicidal behavior or ideation; monitor for clinical worsening and/or any unusual changes. Monitor for neurological and psychiatric adverse reactions. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Hepatic impairment: adjust dose (see Adult). End-stage renal disease undergoing dialysis: not recommended. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antagonized by rifampin (see Adult). Concomitant carbamazepine: may consider dose reduction if intolerant. May potentiate phenytoin; monitor phenytoin levels when adding or discontinuing brivaracetam from ongoing therapy. Concomitant levetiracetam: no added benefit.
Somnolence/sedation, dizziness, fatigue, nausea/vomiting; hematologic abnormalities.
To enroll in the North American Antiepileptic Drug Pregnancy Registry call (888) 233-2334.
Tabs—60; Oral soln—300mL; Single-dose vials—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma