Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromfenac 0.09%, oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride, sulfites.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bromfenac:
Post-operative inflammation and reduction of ocular pain following cataract extraction.
≥18yrs: 1 drop in affected eye(s) once daily starting 1 day before surgery, continued on day of surgery, and for 14 days post-op. May be given with other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics); administer at least 5 minutes apart.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Bleeding tendencies. May slow or delay wound healing. Complicated/repeat ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Risk of corneal adverse events may be increased if used >24hrs before surgery, or beyond 14-days post-op. Contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy (Cat.C; avoid during late pregnancy). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical corticosteroids may potentiate healing problems. Caution with concomitant drugs that prolong bleeding time.
Ocular effects (eg, abnormal sensation, conjunctival hyperemia, burning, stinging, pain, pruritus, redness, iritis), headache; keratitis, corneal reactions (eg, epithelial breakdown, thinning, erosion, ulceration/perforation).
Formerly known under the brand name Bromday.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma