Generic Name and Formulations:
Arformoterol tartrate 15mcg/2mL; inhalation soln.
Indications for BROVANA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction due to COPD. Limitations of use: not for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD.
By nebulizer: 15mcg by inhalation twice daily (AM & PM); max 30mcg/day. Use standard jet (eg, PARI LC Plus) nebulizer with air compressor (eg, PARI DURA-NEB 3000). Reevaluate periodically.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not exceed recommended dose. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Hepatic impairment (monitor). Thyrotoxicosis. Hypokalemia. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Monitor potassium and blood glucose levels. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, or drugs known to prolong the QTc interval; may increase risk of arrhythmias. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Pain, chest pain, back pain, diarrhea, sinusitis, leg cramps, dyspnea, rash, flu syndrome, peripheral edema, lung disorder; cardiovascular effects (eg, increased pulse rate or BP, ECG changes); rarely: paradoxical bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions.
Vials (2mL)—30, 60
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Larotrectinib: Promising for All TRK-Positive Tumors
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy
- Modified XELIRI Yields Similar Outcomes to FOLFIRI in Metastatic CRC
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations