Generic Name and Formulations:
Buspirone HCl 5mg, 10mg, 15mg+, 30mg+; scored (+bi/trisected) tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Buspirone:
Take consistently with regard to food. Initially 7.5mg twice daily, may increase by 5mg/day every 2–3 days. Usual range: 20–30mg/day; max 60mg/day.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–17yrs: doses of 7.5–30mg twice daily have been used.
Severe renal or hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs: see Contraindications. Avoid alcohol, large amounts of grapefruit juice. Caution with other CNS drugs. May potentiate haloperidol, diazepam, nefazodone. Potentiated by nefazodone, verapamil, diltiazem, erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole, ritonavir, other CYP3A4 inhibitors (use lower initial dose). Antagonized by rifampin, dexamethasone, phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, other CYP3A4 inducers.
Dizziness, GI upset, headache, nervousness, CNS or emotional effects, nonspecific chest pain, tinnitus, dream disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma