Generic Name and Formulations:
Nebivolol (as HCl) 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg; tabs.
Indications for BYSTOLIC:
≥18yrs: initially 5mg once daily. Individualize; may increase at 2-week intervals; max 40mg/day. Severe renal or moderate hepatic impairment: initially 2.5mg once daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh >B). Severe bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure. Sick sinus syndrome (unless paced).
CHF. Angina. Recent MI. Bronchospastic disease. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Severe renal impairment. Moderate hepatic impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation (taper over 1–2 weeks). Surgery. Peripheral vascular disease. Pheochromocytoma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with phenylalkylamine and benzothiazepine calcium channel blockers (eg, verapamil, diltiazem), antiarrhythmics (eg, disopyramide), digoxin, reserpine, guanethidine; monitor. May be potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, quinidine, propafenone, paroxetine, fluoxetine); may need to reduce dose. If on both nebivolol and clonidine, discontinue nebivolol before tapering clonidine. May block epinephrine.
Headache, fatigue, dizziness, GI upset.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol