Calcipotriene Scalp Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene 0.005%; contains isopropanol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Calcipotriene Scalp Solution:
Chronic, moderately-severe psoriasis of the scalp.
Comb hair, apply solution to lesions and rub in. Avoid uninvolved skin. Reevaluate after 8 weeks.
Hypercalcemia. Vit. D toxicity. Do not use on face. Scalp soln: acute psoriatic eruptions.
For dermatologic use only. Avoid mucous membranes, excessive exposure to natural or artificial sunlight. Discontinue if irritation or hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Local irritation, burning/stinging, pruritus, dermatitis, worsening of psoriasis.
Crm (NO); Oint, Soln (YES)
Crm—60g, 120g; Oint, Soln—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Talazoparib Found to Confer a Survival Advantage in BRCA1/2-Positive Breast Cancer
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib
- Durvalumab Shows Overall Survival Benefit in Patients With Stage III NSCLC
- Baseline Thrombopoietin Levels May Help Predict Response to ITP Treatment
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed