Generic Name and Formulations:
Sucralfate 1g; scored tabs.
Indications for CARAFATE:
Short-term (up to 8 weeks) treatment of active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcers (tabs only).
Active: 1g 4 times daily on an empty stomach for 4–8 weeks. Maintenance: 1g 2 times daily.
Susp: administer by oral route only; do not give intravenously. Monitor for glycemia in diabetic patients. Chronic renal failure. Dialysis. Tabs: swallowing impairment (eg, recent or prolonged intubation, tracheostomy, history of aspiration, dysphagia, others). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid antacids within 30mins of dosing. May reduce absorption of tetracyclines, quinidine, levothyroxine, phenytoin, cimetidine, digoxin, ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, ketoconazole, ranitidine, theophylline; dose concomitant drugs 2hrs before sucralfate. Additive aluminum load with aluminum-containing antacids. Monitor warfarin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Progressive Telomere Shortening: An Epigenetic Biomarker of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Two Independent Variables Found to Be Prognostic in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities