CARDENE IV Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicardipine HCl 2.5mg/mL; soln for slow IV infusion (after dilution to 0.1mg/mL).
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CARDENE IV:
Short-term treatment of hypertension when oral therapy is not feasible or desirable.
Individualize; see full labeling.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Advanced aortic stenosis.
Angina. Heart failure. Acute cerebral infarction or hemorrhage. Hepatic or renal impairment. Pheochromocytoma. For caps: measure blood pressure (BP) 1–2 hrs and 8 hrs after dosing. For IV: monitor BP before and during infusion; avoid rapid or excessive reductions, intra-arterial administration or extravasation; switch to oral form when possible. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Potentiated by cimetidine. Increases serum levels of cyclosporine, tacrolimus; monitor and adjust its dose. Possibly potentiates digoxin; monitor.
Increased angina, flushing (caps), headache, pedal edema, asthenia, dizziness, somnolence (caps), tachycardia, GI upset, sweating; ECG abnormalities, orthostatic hypotension, ventricular extrasystoles, local reactions (inj).
Caps 20mg, 30mg—contact supplier; IV (10mL amps)—10; Premixed—200mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML