CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocarnitine 1g/10mL; cherry flavor.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION:
Primary systemic or secondary carnitine deficiency.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 1g/day; titrate slowly; range 1–3g/day.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 50mg/kg/day; titrate slowly; range 50–100mg/kg (max 3g) per day.
Obtain baseline carnitine level; monitor blood chemistry, carnitine levels, vital signs, clinical condition. Seizure disorders. Renal insufficiency (oral forms). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor INR with warfarin.
GI upset/pain, body odor, seizures; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur). Inj: also inj site reactions.
Tabs—90; Oral soln—118mL; Single-dose vials (5mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC