Generic Name and Formulations:
Imiglucerase 200 Units, 400 Units; per vial; pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CEREZYME:
For long-term enzyme replacement therapy in patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease that results in one or more of the following conditions: 1) anemia; 2) thrombocytopenia; 3) bone disease; 4) hepatomegaly or splenomegaly.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Give by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Individualize. Initial dose range: 2.5 Units/kg 3 times a week to 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks.
Monitor periodically for IgG antibody formation during the first year. Patients previously treated with Ceredase (alglucerase inj) who have developed antibody or hypersensitivity to Ceredase. Monitor for pulmonary hypertension, pneumonia. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, fatigue, headache, fever, dizziness, chills, backache, tachycardia, inj site reactions, hypersensitivity. Also children: dyspnea, flushing, coughing,
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline