Generic Name and Formulations:
Dinoprostone 10mg; controlled-release vaginal insert w. retrieval system.
Indications for CERVIDIL:
Cervical ripening in patients at or near term when there is an indication for labor induction.
Fetal distress where delivery is not imminent. Unexplained vaginal bleeding. Presence or suspicion of cephalopelvic disproportion. Where oxytocics or prolonged uterine contractions are inappropriate, including previous cesarean section, major uterine surgery. Multipara with ≥6 previous term pregnancies. Concomitant oxytocics. Remove insert if uterine hyperstimulation, labor, sustained uterine contractions, or other fetal/maternal adverse reactions occur and prior to amniotomy.
For hospital use when appropriate obstetric care is present. Ruptured membranes. Non-vertex, non-singleton presentation. Previous uterine hypertony. Glaucoma. History of childhood asthma. Monitor uterine activity, fetal status, cervical dilatation/effacement. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Potentiates oxytocics; delay administration of oxytocics at least 30 minutes after removal of insert.
Uterine hyperstimulation, fetal distress.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC