Generic Name and Formulations:
Succimer 100mg; caps.
Recordati Rare Diseases, Inc.
Indications for CHEMET:
Lead poisoning in children with blood lead levels >45micrograms/dL.
May swallow caps whole or put contents onto a small amount of soft food or a spoon and swallow, followed by fruit drink. <12months: not recommended. ≥12months: initially 10mg/kg (or 350mg/m2) every 8 hours for 5 days, then reduce frequency to every 12 hours for 14 more days. Allow at least 14 days between courses unless blood lead levels indicate need for more prompt treatment. Treatment for more than 3 consecutive weeks: not recommended.
Monitor for rebound elevated lead levels by measuring blood levels at least once weekly. Maintain adequate hydration. Monitor renal and hepatic function. Monitor for neutropenia; instruct patients to report any sign of infection or rash. Renal impairment. History of hepatic dysfunction. Find and remove source of lead from environment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Other concomitant chelation therapy (e.g., EDTA): not recommended. False (+) results with nitroprusside test (e.g., Ketostix).
GI upset, elevated serum transaminases, rash, pain, cramps, flu-like symptoms, dizziness, drowsiness, paresthesia; neutropenia, mucocutaneous vesicular eruptions (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma