CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP NIGHTTIME COLD & CONGESTION OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 6.25mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 4mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP NIGHTTIME COLD & CONGESTION:
Nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms.
20mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other diphenhydramine products (including topicals). For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma