Chorionic gonadotropin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chorionic gonadotropin 5000Units/10mL, 10000Units/10mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chorionic gonadotropin:
Ovulation induction in women with secondary ovarian failure who have been pretreated with human gonadotropins.
5000–10000 Units IM one day after last dose of gonadotropins.
Androgen- or estrogen-dependent neoplasm. Ovarian enlargement and overstimulation while on gonadotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure.
Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, gynecomastia, local reactions.
Formerly known under the brand name Novarel.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML