Generic Name and Formulations:
Cilostazol 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cilostazol:
100mg twice daily, ½ hr before or 2 hrs after breakfast and dinner. May reduce to 50mg twice daily if used with CYP3A4 or CYP2C19 inhibitors.
Heart failure of any severity.
Contraindicated in heart failure patients.
Risk of tachycardia, palpitation, tachyarrhythmia, or hypotension. Risk of exacerbations of angina pectoris or MI in patients with history of ischemic heart disease. LV outflow tract obstruction: monitor for development of a new systolic murmur or cardiac symptoms. Monitor platelets and WBC periodically. Avoid use in hemostatic disorders or active pathologic bleeding. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment. Severe renal impairment. Dialysis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Phosphodiesterase 3 (PDE3) inhibitor.
Potentiated by drugs that inhibit CYP3A4 (eg, azole antifungals, macrolides, diltiazem, protease inhibitors) or CYP2C19 (eg, omeprazole, fluconazole, fluoxetine, ticlopidine). Avoid grapefruit juice. Cilostazol has been used with aspirin; caution with other antiplatelets, anticoagulants.
Headache, diarrhea, abnormal stools, palpitations, peripheral edema, dizziness, pharyngitis, infection, tachycardia; rare: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib