Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CILOXAN:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
Conjunctivitis: 1–2 drops in conjunctival sac(s) every 2 hours while awake for 2 days, then 1–2 drops every 4 hours while awake for next 5 days. Corneal ulcers: 2 drops every 15 minutes for 1st 6 hours, then 2 drops every 30 minutes for rest of 1st day; 2nd day: 2 drops every 1 hour; 3rd–14th days: 2 drops every 4 hours. May treat for 14 days or until corneal re-epithelialization occurs.
CNS or convulsive disorders. Discontinue if rash occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May increase theophylline levels. May potentiate oral anticoagulants. May increase renal toxicity with cyclosporine.
Soln: Burning, crystalline precipitates, lid margin crusting, scales, foreign body sensation, pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, bad taste. Oint: ocular discomfort, blurred vision; may delay corneal healing. Both: superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib
- Durvalumab Shows Overall Survival Benefit in Patients With Stage III NSCLC
- Baseline Thrombopoietin Levels May Help Predict Response to ITP Treatment
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC