Generic Name and Formulations:
Reslizumab 100mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for CINQAIR:
As add-on maintenance treatment of severe asthma in patients ≥18yrs old, and with an eosinophilic phenotype.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating other eosinophilic conditions. Not for relief of acute bronchospasm or status asthmaticus.
Give by IV infusion over 20–50mins. ≥18yrs: 3mg/kg once every 4 weeks.
<18yrs: not established.
Should be administered by healthcare provider prepared to manage anaphylaxis. Observe patient for a period of time post-infusion; discontinue immediately if severe systemic reactions or anaphylaxis occur. Not for treating acute asthma symptoms or exacerbations. Treat pre-existing helminth infections before initiating therapy; discontinue Cinqair if treatment-resistant infection occurs while on therapy until resolves. Avoid abrupt cessation of systemic or inhaled corticosteroids upon Cinqair initiation; reduce dose gradually if appropriate. Reduction may be associated with systemic withdrawal symptoms and/or unmask previously suppressed conditions. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Oropharyngeal pain, elevated CPK, myalgia; anaphylaxis, malignancy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC