Generic Name and Formulations:
Clevidipine butyrate emulsion 0.5mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; contains lipids 0.2g/mL (soybean oil, egg phospholipids).
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CLEVIPREX:
To reduce blood pressure when oral therapy is not feasible or desirable.
≥18yrs: Individualize; titrate. Give by IV infusion. Initially 1–2mg/hr; double dose at 90sec intervals until BP approaches goal, then titrate slower (adjust at 5–10min intervals). Dose increases of 1–2mg/hr results in systolic BP lowering of about 2–4mmHg. Maintenance: 4–6mg/hr; usual max 16–32mg/hr. Do not exceed 1000mL (21mg/hr for 24hrs) due to lipid load. Switch to oral therapy when indicated.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Egg or soy allergy. Defective lipid metabolism (eg, pathologic hyperlipemia, lipoid nephrosis, acute pancreatitis with hyperlipidemia). Severe aortic stenosis.
Maintain aseptic technique. Monitor BP and pulse during infusion and until stabilized. Heart failure (monitor). Monitor for rebound hypertension for at least 8hrs after stopping infusion (if not given other antihypertensives after prolonged infusion). Avoid abrupt cessation of any β-blocker treatment. Pheochromocytoma. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Headache, nausea, vomiting; hypotension, reflex tachycardia (slow infusion if occurs, do not use beta-blocker); rare: myocardial infarction, cardiac arrest, syncope, dyspnea.
Single-use vials—50mL, 100mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy