Generic Name and Formulations:
Clevidipine butyrate emulsion 0.5mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; contains lipids 0.2g/mL (soybean oil, egg phospholipids).
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CLEVIPREX:
To reduce blood pressure when oral therapy is not feasible or desirable.
≥18yrs: Individualize; titrate. Give by IV infusion. Initially 1–2mg/hr; double dose at 90sec intervals until BP approaches goal, then titrate slower (adjust at 5–10min intervals). Dose increases of 1–2mg/hr results in systolic BP lowering of about 2–4mmHg. Maintenance: 4–6mg/hr; usual max 16–32mg/hr. Do not exceed 1000mL (21mg/hr for 24hrs) due to lipid load. Switch to oral therapy when indicated.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Egg or soy allergy. Defective lipid metabolism (eg, pathologic hyperlipemia, lipoid nephrosis, acute pancreatitis with hyperlipidemia). Severe aortic stenosis.
Maintain aseptic technique. Monitor BP and pulse during infusion and until stabilized. Heart failure (monitor). Monitor for rebound hypertension for at least 8hrs after stopping infusion (if not given other antihypertensives after prolonged infusion). Avoid abrupt cessation of any β-blocker treatment. Pheochromocytoma. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Headache, nausea, vomiting; hypotension, reflex tachycardia (slow infusion if occurs, do not use beta-blocker); rare: myocardial infarction, cardiac arrest, syncope, dyspnea.
Single-use vials—50mL, 100mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline