Generic Name and Formulations:
Clomiphene citrate 50mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CLOMID:
Induction of ovulation.
50mg daily for 5 days beginning on the 5th day of menstrual cycle; max 3 courses. If ovulation does not occur after 1st course, increase dose to 100mg daily for 2nd course; max 100mg/day for 5 days. See full labeling.
Primary ovarian failure. Ovarian cysts. Uterine leiomyomas. Abnormal vaginal bleeding. Thrombophlebitis. Liver disease. Depression. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Organic intracranial lesions (eg, pituitary tumor). Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Perform initial complete pelvic and endocrinologic exam. If ovarian enlargement occurs, hold dose until ovaries return to pretreatment size, and reduce dosage or duration of next course. Polycystic ovary syndrome. Discontinue if visual disorders occur. Metabolism disorders (eg, hypertriglyceridemia). Preexisting or family history of hyperlipidemia: monitor plasma triglycerides periodically. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian enlargement, vasomotor flushes, abdominal/pelvic discomfort/distention/bloating, nausea, vomiting, breast discomfort, visual symptoms (eg, blurred vision, lights, floaters), headache, abnormal uterine bleeding; multiple births, pancreatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Light Therapy May Prevent Depression During Hospitalization Post-Transplant in Multiple Myeloma
- Re-treatment With Checkpoint Inhibitors in Some Patients with NSCLC May Be Feasible
- TNFi Not Linked to Increased Risk for Cancer Recurrence in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- IL-23 Drives Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Immediate Instillation of Mitomycin C Post-TURBT May Benefit All Patients with Bladder Cancer