Complete Conference Coverage
Data from previous studies evaluating the efficacy of atezolizumab, a PD-L1 inhibitor, have suggested that high tissue tumor mutational burden may be predictive of efficacy for checkpoint immunotherapy.
Adding Oxaliplatin to Capecitabine-Based Chemotherapy, Radiation May Not Improve Survival in Rectal Cancer
Researchers randomly assigned 1090 patients with advanced rectal adenocarcinoma to 5 weeks of preoperative capecitabine-based chemoradiation followed by 6 cycles of capecitabine alone or with oxaliplatin.
Findings previously demonstrated that nivolumab plus ipilimumab prolongs overall survival and was better tolerated among patients with renal cell carcinoma, but its impact on health-related quality of life was not reported.
Previous studies demonstrated that FOLFIRINOX is more effective than gemcitabine as first-line treatment for patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer with good performance status.
Evidence suggests that neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy may afford benefit, but this hypothesis requires further validation.
Recent studies have explored the potential of combination therapy with EGFR-TKIs and VEGF-inhibitors for patients with EGFR-positive non-small cell lung cancer.
EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor monotherapy has improved progression-free survival (PFS) but not overall survival (OS) compared with chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer.
When compared with watchful waiting, CLND did not improve survival outcomes among patients with malignant melanoma who have positive SLNB.
Preliminary findings from CheckMate 238 show treatment with nivolumab significantly prolonged recurrence-free survival compared with ipilimumab in patients with resected stage III/IV melanoma after a minimum 18-month follow-up.
In a phase 3 trial, Prostvac-V/F did not significantly prolong overall survival among men with asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic mCRPC.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Talazoparib Found to Confer a Survival Advantage in BRCA1/2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Pivotal Trial Underway for Zanubrutinib in Waldenström Macroglobulinemia
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL