Generic Name and Formulations:
Fenoldopam mesylate 10mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; contains sodium metabisulfite.
Indications for CORLOPAM:
Adults: for the in-hospital, short-term (up to 48 hours) management of severe hypertension when rapid, but quickly reversible, emergency reduction of blood pressure is clinically indicated, including malignant hypertension with deteriorating end-organ function. Children: for the in-hospital, short-term (up to 4 hours) reduction in blood pressure.
Give by continuous IV infusion. Doses from 0.01–1.6mcg/kg/min have been studied. Initial dose should be titrated upward or downward, no more frequently than every 15 minutes (and less frequently as goal pressure is approached) to achieve desired therapeutic effect. The recommended increments for titration are 0.05–0.1mcg/kg/min.
Give by continuous infusion pump appropriate for delivery of low infusion rates. Usual starting dose: 0.2mcg/kg/min; increased dosages of up to 0.3–0.5mcg/kg/min every 20–30 minutes were generally well tolerated.
Sulfite sensitivity. Glaucoma. Intraocular hypertension. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute cerebral infarction. Hemorrhage. Monitor BP, electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant β-blockers.
Dopamine D1-like receptor agonist.
Headache, flushing, nausea, hypotension, tachycardia, hypokalemia.
Single-dose ampule (1mL, 2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML