Generic Name and Formulations:
Dorzolamide HCl 2%, timolol maleate 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for COSOPT:
Open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension where β-blocker alone is inadequate.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 1 drop twice daily.
Asthma or history of asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild-to-moderate COPD or bronchospastic disease, or severe renal impairment: not recommended. Hepatic impairment. Surgery. May mask hypoglycemia or thyrotoxicosis. Myasthenia gravis. Discontinue if ocular effects occur. Soft contact lenses (remove, may reinsert 15 minutes after instillation). Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors or other topical β-blockers: not recommended. May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine, hypoglycemic agents, and mydriatic effects of topical epinephrine. May be potentiated by quinidine. May inhibit renal excretion of basic drugs and promote excretion of acidic drugs. May increase salicylate toxicity (acidosis). Possible conduction defects, left ventricular failure, or hypotension with calcium channel blockers, digoxin. May block epinephrine.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (sulfonamide) + noncardioselective beta-blocker.
Taste perversion; ocular burning, stinging, or itching; conjunctival hyperemia, blurred vision, superficial punctate keratitis; possible systemic effects.
Cosopt—10mL; Cosopt PF—60 (single-use 0.2mL containers)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma