CRESEMBA for INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Isavuconazonium sulfate 372mg; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for CRESEMBA for INJECTION:
Invasive aspergillosis. Invasive mucormycosis.
Infuse over a minimum of 1hr. ≥18yrs: loading dose: 372mg every 8hrs for 6 doses (48hrs); maintenance dose: 372mg once daily starting 12–24hrs after the last loading dose.
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, high-dose ritonavir [400mg every 12hrs]). Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort, long-acting barbiturates). Familial short QT syndrome.
Perform liver-related lab tests at the start of and during therapy; monitor for more severe hepatic injury if abnormal test results. Discontinue if liver disease, infusion-related reactions (including hypotension, dyspnea, chills, dizziness, paresthesia, hypoesthesia), or severe cutaneous reactions develop. Azole hypersensitivity. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class C). Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Caution with concomitant lopinavir/ritonavir, atorvastatin (monitor), midazolam (consider dose reduction), bupropion (consider dose increase), mycophenolate mofetil (monitor for MPA-related toxicities), digoxin (monitor). Concomitant cyclosporine, sirolimus, tacrolimus; monitor and adjust dose as needed.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, elevated liver chemistry tests, hypokalemia, constipation, dyspnea, cough, peripheral edema, back pain.
Blister packs—7; Single-use vials—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma