Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 5mg, 7.5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets:
Relief of acute muscle spasm, as adjunct to rest and physical therapy.
≥15yrs: initially 5mg 3 times daily, may increase to 10mg 3 times daily; max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or mild hepatic impairment: initially 5mg and then titrate slowly upward.
<15yrs: not established.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Urinary retention. Glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, or MAOIs); monitor closely. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. Tramadol increases seizure risk.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, GI upset, asthenia, irritability, nervousness, blurred vision, confusion, arrhythmias, tachycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand names Flexeril, Fexmid.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline