Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclopentolate HCl 0.5%, 1%, 2%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CYCLOGYL:
To produce mydriasis and cycloplegia.
Instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat in 5–10 minutes if necessary. Apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Small infants: instill 1 drop of 0.5% in the eye; apply pressure over nasolacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes, observe closely for 30 minutes. Children: instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat 5–10 minutes later with 0.5% or 1% solution if necessary; apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Untreated narrow-angle glaucoma or when untreated anatomically narrow angles are present.
Down's syndrome. Angle-closure glaucoma. Feeding intolerance in infants; withhold feeding for 4 hours after examination. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May interfere with antihypertensive action of carbachol, pilocarpine, ophthalmic cholinesterase inhibitors.
Ocular effects (eg, increased intraocular pressure, burning, photophobia, blurred vision, irritation, hyperemia, conjunctivitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, punctate keratitis, synechiae); CNS disturbances (esp. in children).
Soln 0.5%—15mL; 1%, 2%—2mL, 5mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy