Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclopentolate HCl 0.5%, 1%, 2%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CYCLOGYL:
To produce mydriasis and cycloplegia.
Instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat in 5–10 minutes if necessary. Apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Small infants: instill 1 drop of 0.5% in the eye; apply pressure over nasolacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes, observe closely for 30 minutes. Children: instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat 5–10 minutes later with 0.5% or 1% solution if necessary; apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Untreated narrow-angle glaucoma or when untreated anatomically narrow angles are present.
Down's syndrome. Angle-closure glaucoma. Feeding intolerance in infants; withhold feeding for 4 hours after examination. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May interfere with antihypertensive action of carbachol, pilocarpine, ophthalmic cholinesterase inhibitors.
Ocular effects (eg, increased intraocular pressure, burning, photophobia, blurred vision, irritation, hyperemia, conjunctivitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, punctate keratitis, synechiae); CNS disturbances (esp. in children).
Soln 0.5%—15mL; 1%, 2%—2mL, 5mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Progressive Telomere Shortening: An Epigenetic Biomarker of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Two Independent Variables Found to Be Prognostic in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities