Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromocriptine mesylate (micronized) 0.8mg; tabs.
Indications for CYCLOSET:
Adjunct to diet and exercise, to improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating type 1 diabetes or ketoacidosis. Limited efficacy data in combination with thiazolidinediones. Efficacy has not been confirmed in combination with insulin.
Take with food in the AM, within 2hrs of waking. Initially 0.8mg once daily; may increase by 0.8mg per week as tolerated until max 4.8mg/day. Usual range: 1.6–4.8mg/day. Concomitant moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin): max 1.6mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, azole antimycotics, protease inhibitors): avoid.
Syncopal migraines. Nursing mothers. Allergy to ergot-related drugs.
Monitor orthostatic vital signs initially and periodically during therapy. Severe psychotic disorders: not recommended. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
See Adult. Concomitant selective 5-HT1B agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sympathomimetic drugs >10 days, ergot-related drugs within 6hrs, other dopamine agonists and antagonists, including neuroleptics (eg, clozapine, olanzapine, ziprasidone) and metoclopramide: not recommended. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors and antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, dexamethasone). Potentiates antihypertensives; caution. May potentiate highly protein bound drugs (eg, salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, probenecid).
Dopamine agonist (ergot deriv).
Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, headache; hypotension, syncope, somnolence, hypoglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma