Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaine anhydrous 1g; per scoopful; pwd for dilution and oral administration.
Rare Disease Therapeutics, Inc.
Indications for CYSTADANE:
For the treatment of homocystinuria (eg, cystathionine beta-synthase [CBS] deficiency, 5, 10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase [MTHFR] deficiency, cobalamin cofactor metabolism [cbl] defect) to decrease elevated homocysteine blood levels.
Adults and Children:
Dissolve one scoop (1g betaine anhydrous pwd) in 4–6 ounces of water, juice, milk, formula, or mixed with food for immediate ingestion. <3yrs: initially 100mg/kg/day divided in twice daily doses, may increase weekly by 50mg/kg increments. ≥3yrs: 3g twice daily. Increase gradually until plasma total homocysteine is undetectable or present only in small amounts. Up to 20g/day has been used.
Hypermethioninemia. Monitor plasma methionine concentrations in patients with CBS deficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset; hypermethioninemia, cerebral edema.
Bottle—180g (w. measuring scoop)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline