Generic Name and Formulations:
Cytarabine 100mg, 500mg, 1g, 2g; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV, intrathecal, SC inj after reconstitution.
Various generic manufacturers
- AML: Somatic Mutation Clearance May Be Prognostic for Survival
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin May Improve Quality of Life in B-cell Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- High-dose Cytarabine Significantly Improves Disease-free Survival in Adult AML
- Leukemia Treatment Regimens: Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Leukemia Treatment Regimens: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment Regimens: Lymphoblastic Lymphoma
Indications for Cytarabine:
Remission induction in acute non-lymphocytic leukemia of adults and children. Acute lymphocytic leukemia. Chronic myelocytic leukemia (blast phase). Prophylaxis and treatment of meningeal leukemia (intrathecal route).
Adults and Children:
Induction therapy of acute non-lymphocytic leukemia: 100mg/m2 per day by continuous IV infusion (days 1–7) or 100mg/m2 IV every 12 hours (days 1–7). Acute lymphocytic leukemia and chronic myelocytic leukemia: see literature. Meningeal leukemia: Usual range: 5–75mg/m2 intrathecally; may give once daily for 4 days to once every 4 days; most frequently used dose: 30mg/m2 every 4 days until cerebrospinal fluid findings are normal.
Do not use diluent with benzyl alcohol for intrathecal administration. Pre-existing myelosuppression. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor blood counts, renal, hepatic function. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers.
May antagonize gentamicin, fluorocytosine.
Myelosuppression (leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia), GI upset, anorexia, abdominal pain, oral ulceration, rash, fever, hepatic dysfunction, infection, bleeding; cytarabine syndrome, hyperuricemia, pancreatitis, paralysis (rare), others.
Vials (100mg, 200mg)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib