Generic Name and Formulations:
Decitabine 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for DACOGEN:
Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) including previously treated and untreated, de novo and secondary MDS of all French-American-British subtypes and Intermediate-1, Intermediate-2, and High-risk International Prognostic Scoring System groups.
May premedicate with antiemetics. Treat for a minimum of 4 cycles; may take longer for a complete or partial response. Regimen 1: Give by continuous IV infusion over 3 hours. 15mg/m2 every 8 hours for 3 days; repeat every 6 weeks. Regimen 2: Give by continuous IV infusion over 1 hour. 20mg/m2 once daily for 5 days; repeat every 4 weeks. Both: dose adjustment based on hematology values: see literature. Non-hematologic toxicities (eg, serum creatinine ≥2mg/dL; SGPT, total bilirubin ≥ 2 X ULN; active or uncontrolled infection): do not restart until toxicity resolved.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBC and platelet counts before each dosing cycle and as needed. Monitor hepatic function (do baseline liver chemistries and serum creatinine). Pregnancy (Cat.D); use appropriate contraception (both men and women). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, fatigue, pyrexia, nausea, cough, petechiae, constipation, diarrhea, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML